It’s 2020, Jira isn’t just for software teams, and neither is Confluence! We all need to get out of the habit of thinking these greats tools are just for our developer friends. All teams need to plan, track, and collaborate on projects. That’s why Jira Core was built, it’s the #1 tool in the Dev World and we think that other teams deserve it too. By using Jira Core and Confluence together, teams like HR teams can create workflows and documentation that inspire better collaboration across the entire company. We want to give you the keys to customize Jira for your HR team. You may have a Jira instance already implemented in your Company – for IT or Dev teams – but so many of your other teams can use it too. We can help you with the apps you need to make sure this instance will be adapted to your HR team and adopted in super-quick time.
What’s more… there are plenty of Apps and integrations within the Atlassian marketplace, with many designed specifically to help HR departments run like a well-oiled machine. Using these plug-ins, a HR department can create a unique, customized central system that will drain the river of once-cumbersome HR processes.
Our 5 top Jira add-ons for HR teams
This Confluence add-on allows hiring managers and HR teams to collect direct feedback from an employee’s subordinates, colleagues, and supervisor(s), as well as process self-evaluations. This assessment is administered anonymously, and the results are only accessible to the person who conducted the assessment (an HR person) and the employee who was being evaluated. This feature creates simplicity in a process that has often been unorganized.
HR Workflow Bundles
This plug-in bundle from Valiantys includes a preconfigured set of HR workflows to get started faster. AND it’s free. This bundle allows HR departments to maximize the performance of Jira by providing workflows for the major HR processes including:
- Onboarding and off-boarding – employees will be ready to hit the ground running with the starter workflow that includes pre-employment checks and access grants. With the leaver workflow, an HR team can easily stay up to date and track the off-boarding process, which can include sensitive subjects.
- Vacation tracking – makes it easy for employees to submit and track PTO requests and provides the right data to hiring managers that need to approve or deny those requests.
- Personal details – lets employees use Jira to notify the HR team of changes to personal details, like a change of address or marital status.
UpRaise for Employee Success
This add-on from Amoeboids Technologies brings functionality and features that aid in employee recognition, goal alignment, and performance reviews using Jira. Features include:
- Collect 360º continuous feedback – lets employees submit feedback, request feedback from other members of their team, and enables the HR department to customize this process.
- Manage performance reviews – provides customizable forms, companywide status overviews, and easy access for team members and managers on the next steps.
- Painless Service Desk Integration – includes a deep integration with Jira that allows the HR team to collect feedback from customer portals and customize those forms with customizable service desk tags.
This Confluence app from Refined helps users brand and design Confluence pages to make them more user-friendly and practical for non-technical users. HR departments can use it with Confluence as a way to store important information as a wiki or Intranet and collect feedback on the information housed there. By customizing the wiki template and workflows, HR departments can increase the adoption rate and the efficiency in the onboarding and review process, as well as divide content into relevant and intuitive sections. They can also customize dashboards to promote more collaboration and clarity. The Marketplace offers other theme press options including Brikit Theme Press for Confluence.
Calamari Connector for Jira
Calamari brought to you by CHROBRUS, is a simple and easy to use smart leave management system that automates the flow of leave requests and absence entitlement calculations. This add-on includes a multi-level approval process workflow, automatic leave calculation, and absence estimation. It also enforces compliance with attendance policies, paid time-off tracking, and reporting internationally. Also, Calamari has a tight integration with Google that allows users to import PTO sign-on for Google Apps and synchronize with Google Calendar.
Now HR teams are free to focus more on the people, not the paperwork
Today’s HR folks have to be highly organized and super collaborative to meet big-time goals. In many ways, the HR department is the lifeblood of a company. They’re responsible for attracting and retaining a company’s number one asset: people. And it’s a tough job. It’s challenging to stay on top of recruiting, changing schedules, job descriptions, performance reviews, and more. Using Jira and Confluence along with the add-ons above, HR teams can create workflows, documentation, and encourage better collaboration across the entire company. It frees the team from cumbersome processes and lets them focus on hiring, company culture, and employee happiness and retention.