Atlassian licenses explained
The world of software is extremely dynamic, as new technologies, challenges and security threats emerge on a daily basis. So how do you ensure that the assets your organisation relies upon are equipped to mitigate and leverage these changes? It all starts with keeping them properly updated.
An active maintenance agreement is extremely important in ensuring your instances are running at their best, despite the fact that Atlassian licenses are perpetual. Here are some key points to bear in mind:
- Your 12-month software maintenance period will commence from the expiration date of the previous maintenance period, regardless of when the maintenance renewal is purchased.
- As the license is perpetual for the next year, you only pay 50% of the maintenance.
- If you have purchased multiple Atlassian products on different dates, your maintenance renewal dates can be synchronised to the same date.
- This means you can co-term your licenses by choosing a term date that fits with the fiscal year, end of a quarter or any date that suits you.
Take advantage of upgrades
When renewing your Atlassian assets you are granted access to support, new releases and security fixes for 12 months. This means you can:
- Upgrade your instances at the most convenient time for you.
- See if there are new versions of your installed add-ons – in the user interface you will see a blue ‘update’ button next to the add-on. If you can’t see it, great news – you are using the latest version.
- Experience improved UI (user interface) and performance with each new version.
Outstanding online support, 24/7
Whenever customers are facing issues they expect them to be resolved instantly, and may want to know more about why things went wrong. They require a support team that understands them, tackles all their issues and meets their requirements, every time. The good news is that Atlassian has an outstanding online support system, with 24/7 access from any browser for server and cloud.
Buying Atlassian licenses also gives you all the benefits of Atlassian Premier Support. This includes:
- Senior engineers fully dedicated to you
- Weekend coverage
- Escalation and prioritisation
- Phone support
- Health checks and preventive system analysis
- On-boarding and environment familiarity
- Warm handoffs for critical issues
- Post-incident report requests
As long as your maintenance agreement is active, you can request support from Atlassian.
You can also access and request new features, bugs and improvements via Atlassian’s public JIRA. Atlassian has faced more than 1,480 fixed bugs since 2003, all of which are publicly available. Bugs are generally fixed in the next maintenance release.
Oh, and you also have access to the Atlassian Answers portal for more questions and answers.
How we can help
To enable of all this to run smoothly, we’ve developed an easy way to help you manage your assets.
We help our customers build a unique renewal cycle for their Atlassian licenses, with one invoice and one payment per year. We also offer the option to co-terming in USD, GBP or EUR, while providing a single point of contact you can reach out to at any time.
As a Platinum Atlassian Expert we can provide advanced support about your Atlassian licenses and product in your local language by phone in the local time zone (without tickets).
In other words, we make your life easier – at no extra cost!
You are most welcome to visit us in London, Paris, Toulouse, Lausanne, Montreal… see you soon!